A pity, but may be a good deal for somebody.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 2:08 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Cheap '87 300D - Portland CL

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1299819599.html

Sounds suspicious.  Why don't they just charge the battery, take the
fuel filter off, fill it with Diesel Purge or something, and put it
back on, since a car that starts would go for twice as much money at
least?

I also don't like the sound of "My friend put a new heater core in
it."  If you had the dash out to do a heater-core-ectomy, wouldn't you
also do an evapectomy at the same time, and then say that in the ad?
Or does an amateur heater core replacement really mean "My friend took
the dash apart and did a bad job putting it back together, and now the
ACC and everything else electrical in the dash is FUBAR"?

Alex