andrew strasfogel wrote:
You sound bitter.

BTW, is anybody else WAY late in their tomato crop this year?

I was a bit late in planting. Started seeing tomatoes four weeks ago. Not a single one ripe enough to eat yet, but I've got some golden girls starting to change color. All I've harvested so far are some 'garden salsa' chili peppers, those were bearing good fruit 2-3 weeks ago and still going strong. I've got great tomato plants, the mortgage lifters are 4' high, but zero fruit so far.

We have had no truly hot weather yet in Michigan this year, I think that has something to do with it. I'm going 2-3 weeks between lawn mowings, just like it was October already.

Mitch.