From Mac, Aug, 2008

The rack damper bolt is only part of the equation with respect to getting
the idle 'right', or as right as it can be.

First, the adjustment has to be done with the engine as hot as you can get
it, so if you are able to work in a place near a stretch of highway all the
better (mine have always run roughest right after a highway drive). This
means you have about 10 minutes in which to work, before the engine cools
off too much at idle.

Second, as these engines age (by which I mean at higher mileages) they seem
to each have their own 'sweet spot'. Some run very well at low idle RPMs.
Three out of the four I have had did not. You have to adjust the idle speed
as well as the rack damper - you may not be able to get a smooth idle at
your current idle speed point.

The third point is the injectors, but you have seen to that (I can't find
your original post now, but I am assuming you had them professionally
cleaned).

Good luck

Mac

----- Original Message ----- From: "andrew strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com>