To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mirror madness

This was on the round part of the mirror frame that goes in the swash plate. The one on the car and the one I got from the junkyard both had this stickum. The mirror is held to the frame with some of the same stuff. It looks like those 3M adhesive pads you can buy, or thick double faced tape.

--R

WILTON wrote:
'Found no "stickum" on coupla mirrors I disassembled 3 or 4 years ago, 'cept maybe some holding the glass to the backing which is attached to the adjusting mechanism, and, of course, I didn't separate glass from its backing, just unclipped, etc., the mirror with its backing from the mechanism. BTW, others unable to find a replacement for a broken/cracked mirror have had a glass shop cut a mirror to the appropriate shape and glued it in place over the broken/cracked one.

Wilton
.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>