Dickarde definitely was running the veterans list before the "Diesel" list was started. Hursty, you have given me the timeline I was missing or unsure about.

So Hursty, I propose changing your statement a little. This list would not have existed without Alex Gabbard, and Herr Doktor and the Diesel list would not have started without Dr. Booth.

You might want to add: You would have been money ahead without meeting dickarde.

Most of the charter members of the Okiebenz list were members of the Diesel list. After dickarde was successful in starting the Diesel list, it siphoned off members like me and OK Don, who was then known by his real name, from the veterans list. THe 108 list siphoned off more members of the veterans list. each subsequent list siphoned off members from the veterans list.

After dickarde smoked a few too many and melted down, Kaleb picked up the pieces he found, and put together one list, much like the original veterans list, but without most of the international members. (Yes, we have Bennell, whom I appreciate even if he is a lawyer and one errant lost Aussie, but the Veterans had a whole raft of Aussies, including Greene, who was no slouch on technical stuff, and Frada, who was a hoot) Then there were Gabbard and others from Europe, an occasional Indonesian and a few South Africans, so it gave us a perspective of "Air, Land and Sea, the world around"

I still miss the veterans list, but I consider the character of this list to be essentially the same as the original Mascedes-veterans list.

Thanks Kaleb, for running a fun list!