It's way overpriced, but looks like a fine example to me.

Are you serious about the non-MBZ battery. Does anyone actually buy MBZ batteries? Sounds like a huge waste of money with absolutely no possible advantages over a cheap battery to me. If you want to spend a lot of money and do things the "proper" way, I'd think you'd go with an AGM battery? If somebody was so lacking in thrift to pay extra for an MB logo battery, they'd probably buy a new Huyndai instead of an older Benz anyways.

The AC never works on an old Benz. If it actually works it's probably been recharged with one of those $30 R134a kits, which means everything is destroyed- a lot worse than a non-working system which may have salvageable parts. My 190DT "blew cold" when I got it, and kept doing so for a whole 6 months!

Tyler

ernest breakfield wrote:
nothing especially good about this example; almost 200K miles, non-functioning AC & rear windows, and the drivers-side vent pod is obviously fallen out of place in the pics... considering all the things that we already know are wrong with it that weren't fixed properly, the fact that the non-MBZ battery makes it obvious the owner didn't try to go the 'proper' route on repairs, the fact that it's non-turbo and that it's got the gawd-awful blue interior, and you might have to pay me to take it.

cheers!

Curt Raymond wrote:
http://jalopnik.com/5340446/1978-mercedes-300cd-for-a-flexible+fueled-3900

Lets get this one a "nice price" $3900 for a CD in good shape is a steal.

-Curt