OK, tell me exactly how to measure the cylinders. Does anybody have the specs? If its not oval, and the rod is in fact bent, I could probably get away with just replacing the rod. Hell, if Im going to do that, I might as well yank the engine and just put new rings and everything else in as well.

Jim Cathey wrote:
looking from the naked eye it seems the rest stick up just a bit past the deck, and #1 is flush. Also, I can see the cross hatch marks in all the cylinders, even #1 but I do not know if its just my imagination, the lighting or what but it seems like the marks in #1 are fainter than the rest.

You could measure the ovality of #1 hole, and see if one new rod
was called for, or whether the engine was now 'toast'.  Or a set
of six new rods, really.

-- Jim

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com