Allan wrote:
> I've replaced CV boots on a front wheel drive car, is there anything
> significantly different about doing them on W123 rear axles?

The MB boots are a different animal as I have been told.  I can recall
doing the boots on a Type 2 transporter - an easy job.  However, the
MB can is a different animal requiring some can crimper tool that is
special.  There was a guy that did the can crimp carefully with vise
grips but I have not seen the website in years.  I used to think it
was Richard Hattaway's site, or in his neighborhood, but I don't know.
 Purchase a rebuild axle from Rusty or the local CarQuest /
Beck-Arnley.  Surface cracks are okay - just keep an eye on them -
they will warn you with noises much before they go to failure mode and
harm your travel.
mao