Yes, but I've also heard that gas is being import for cheap from europe because of the growth of diesel over there
has resulted in an oversupply of gas which is then shipped to the USA.

ps, in Canada where diesel is still cheaper than gas, or at least the last time I looked,
mind filling up the S class at $4.13 usa per usa gallon does hurt a bit.