i did, actually.  i really tried very hard to make the zip standard work.
but it really just doesn't.  blank cds and dvds are just so cheap and pen
drives are far superior to zip.  zip is dead technology for a long while.  i
don't even think i could sell my zip stuff on ebay for the cost of shipping
it.

it was cool in the beginning, to have a floppy drive that was not 1.2 meg,
but 100 then 250 and then 750 meg.  however, you can get 100 recordable
single sided dvd discs for 18 bucks delivered from new egg (well, at least i
did), so why the hell would you mess about with zip, especially as you will
be hard pressed to find a machine with a zip drive today unless you happened
to just set it up that way for your own internal use?