Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:00:58 -0400
From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] brake job nightmare
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

No that's not it at all.  In this case the choice of buying "new"
calipers at over $225 each, or remans for less than $100.  We're not
talking about a bag of Doritos that is 5 cents cheaper at Wal Mart, and
sorry but Mom and Pop was not a business model that could survive
selling commodities like that.

Yeah I miss the local "Imported Auto Parts" that we had in town 15 years
ago, that sold good quality parts for european cars, but AutoZone and
PepBoys put them out of business.  But ironically if I had a good local
store for my MB parts I would not be buying from you and Rusty.

We have a Wal-Mart in town, and any number of smaller locally owned
businesses and they are all coexisting.

Allan