Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
there is no 3L engine in the 140.

The S320 (long and short wheelbase versions were available) was the only gasoline powered 6 cylinder W140 sold in the US and they were manufactured and from '94-'99. I believe it used the 3.2 liter M104.994 engine (not the V-6 M112.94x engine) all of those years. All M104 engines had head gasket problems - most were replaced under warranty, but I don't know if that "cures" the problem. It's a VERY nice, smooth, powerful, economical engine, costs a little less than any V-8 to maintain and was not that much less powerful than the M119 4.3 V-8 engines.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)