Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:28:21 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1965 190D Craigslist $500
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:
> I really don't want to move, at least not while I'm ~$50,000 underwater on
> our house...

If it's non-recourse, give them the keys and a quit-claim tomorrow.

Or, if nobody knows who owns the paper on your house, tell the servicer to buzz
off. (not without risk, but it seems you could ride this argument a long way if
the house was in Kansas)
http://market-ticker.org/archives/1454-Has-A-MERShole-Opened-Up.html
http://loanworkout.org/2008/06/the-mers-fifty-million-mortgage-meltdown/

Mitch.