On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:00 PM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> BTW, I think Continentals (Mark something) even now have a little hump on
> the rear of the trunk - a holdover from the spare tire hanging back there.

I have an '86 Mark VII, which certainly does have a vestigial trunklid
hump.  The Mark VIII, sold from '93 to '98 or so, did too.  No current
Lincoln does.

To my eye the hump really spoils the lines of both the Mark VII and
the Mark VIII, and I've contemplated various ways to get rid of the
one on my car, since it needs a repaint and some other minor bodywork
anyway. (Cut it out and replace with flat sheetmetal? Adapt a trunklid
from the virtually identically bodied Fox-platform T-bird?)

Alex