With the coming of the rainy season here in the PNW I have had a funny
feeling that my 300D has less traction in the back than it used to.
My tires are fine and there's probably 100 lb of tools, spare parts,
and earthquake/avian-flu/zombie-uprising supplies in the trunk, but
it's still fishtailing around wet corners whenever I hit the loud
pedal a little too hard.

Then today I noticed a little bit of lateral hopping when I hit
expansion joints on the freeway... something I've only ever observed
before on a '71 Dart that I used to have (with, of course, a solid
rear axle, not IRS).

The PO claimed to have replaced "every wear part" in the suspension a
few years ago, but I doubt the truth of that.  (When swapping wheels
this past spring I noticed that the sway bar bushings in the back
looked awfully dry and cracked.)  So, no telling how old anything
under the car is.  Any ideas?

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo