Agree. If everyone ran to Costco for "fuel oil", it
would be gone in 2 minutes and I'd be at the pump and
them back in my garage with my filter bags...

Chris

--- Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>

> Actually I've thought about this some and to my way
> of thinking it wouldn't take much to push people off
> the svo, its that old supply and demand argument.
> When enough people start taking Chris and his pal's
> route one of two things will happen (or maybe a
> slight occurance of both);
>
> #1. The price of VO will rise to the point where
> diesel is cheaper
>
> and/or
>
> #2. The price of diesel will fall to the point where
> its cheaper than svo
>
> In either case once diesel is cheaper many of the
> people buying svo will switch back to diesel or work
> harder on their wvo options. Either way I can't see
> the number of people buying svo in bulk at Costco
> having any impact on the worldwide svo supply...
>

> Where did you get your data about how much svo the
> country could produce?
>

> The one good thing I could possibly see happening is
> some upward pressure on the price of svo could send
> some money back to farmers...
>

> -Curt
>

> Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:03:29 -0700 (PDT)
> From: B Dike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] dieselvolk swarm soybean oil
> section at Costco
>       today
> To: Mercedes mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Biovolks,
>
> Speaking as an ardent WVO biodiesel advocate,
> hearing
> about large scale vegoil use for diesel fuel
> troubles
> me.  Vegoil is intended first and foremost for food,
> not vehicle fuel.  If the entire available cropland
> in
> the US were converted to vegoil production, it would
> satisfy less than one-sixth of the fuel needs of the
> commercial truck fleet.  Extensive retail purchasing
> of cooking oil for fuel will inevitably lead to an
> ugly backlash from government officials. Do we want
> the fuel doors on our cars to have a government seal
> to be opened only by a licensed dealer?  If we think
> the government wields a heavy hand on occasion, just
> wait until people start messing with the nation's
> food
> supply.  Prudence dictates that we should hunt down
> more WVO sources and leave the cooking oil alone.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce  [assumes defensive crouch]

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this
unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow blower, "One Banger"

http://farechase.yahoo.com