recall that someone checked up in THEIR state and they
considered it an additive...how about a 100% additive?

Chris

--- Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Levi Smith wrote:
> > If I go drive down the road here in upstate NY on
> WVO, am I breaking
> > the law by not paying road tax?
>
> If you use a diesel engine, whatever fuel you put in
> it is subject to the
> federal exise tax, which I believe to be 24.4 cents
> a gallon. I believe
> if you made your own moonshine for the Subaru, you'd
> be OK on the fuel
> tax, but likely in violation of some liquor tax. I'm
> not sure where you'd
> stand if you put 20% WVO in your car with 80% road
> taxed D2 and called
> the WVO an additive, not a fuel.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this
unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow blower, "One Banger"

http://farechase.yahoo.com