Rich Thomas wrote:
I read that somewhere years ago that this thing was a beast to fly given high altitude, speed, wing loading, etc. That part sticks with me.

OK it was 5kt, a bit more than 3kt but not much.

I see, top speed (Vne?) is 10 kts above stall at 70,000ft, so they cruise at 5 kts above stall to be in the middle of the operating range. Still very much asking for a Vne violation if you have to point the nose down to get out of a stall. And there's only one person on board who's busy running some very fancy camera equipment while he's flying the plane?

Mitch.