From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 6:51 AM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D shocks again

Dimitri,

Been there done that have the t-shirt.  Don't worry, this kind of
twist-off is the best kind and usually easy to remove.  When I started
to drill a hole in the center of mine for the easy-out, it started to
move in the hole.  Using a punch on the outer edge, at a ridge resulting
from the twist-off, I was able to make it turn lefty-lucy so that it
came out of the hole, and then I re-used one of the old screws.

At least give it a try, it may come right out.

Max