From: "Bill R" <billr32...@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 4:11 PM
To: "'Banned List'" <ban...@okiebenz.com>; <m-powe...@yahoogroups.com>; <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Fraudulent Credit Card

My apologies to the international folks getting this, but you might have
similar situations where you are.

I got a notice today from Juniper Bank [now Barclay's Bank Delaware - a UK
based bank] thanking me for alerting them to the fraudulent account opened
in my name, and making sure I had not authorized a card from them [I assume
from the credit alert I put on our accounts].  The card # they had traced
back to me. A call from Virgin America about unusual activity on my account did alert me [there was a gas purchase on the card in Pompano Beach] and the
account is now closed.  Virgin America was the issuer of the card through
Barclay. I am a bit upset that Virgin America [who called me] then told me
that they had not called me, and that I had no account with them.

Not a bad idea to put the three month alert on yourself with the credit
agencies.  Experian was the one I .contacted, and they connected with the
other two agencies for me. No charge for that. I have the 3 month reminder
in my calendar, and plan to renew the alert every three months.  Yes, I
guess it can happen to anyone.

Bill R