Venturi effect is my first thought, too, but I'd bet the basic air mover is a bladed fan/pump of some type - and noisy.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bladeless electric fan

Sure sounds like a venturi - and one of those air compressor powered vacuum
pumps --
Not a bad mark-up for $5 or $10 of parts and plastic!

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM, LarryT <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

I'd like to put one of these fans on my 66 MGB but I think I'll wait for
those "evil" rich people to buy and try them - that'll eventually push the
price down into the reasonable range! ;-)

It'd be nice to get rid of the fan blade! Jus not nice enough to pay over
$300. for one.

LarryT
91 300D

--
OK Don
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as