So I put a post on Peachparts and a guy has one for a good price but its 3.23 ratio as opposed to the 3.42 thats in it... I'm worried about getting into a Jim Cathey situation where I lose all my low end. The Peachparts crowd is all about taller gears for better fuel economy but I'm not sure I believe thats gonna happen...

Balls.  These diesels don't react to RPM like gassers do.
Witness all our 123's, etc., driving around town in S rather
than D, yet not getting any worse mileage while doing so.

-- Jim