I shipped UPS, tie a pair together with cardboard on top and bottom and they are good to go.

Harry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Snook" <dsn...@mtsqh.com>
To: <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:07 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Winter tires/wheels

I found some snow tires mounted on BMW wheels for my car. I currently have 235/60/16 performance tires on my car. I found a set of nearly new Dunlop winter tires mounted. They are 235/55/17. According to an online tire diameter calculator I found that represents a difference of only .26% in diameter. So, I think it will be okay to use these. So, here are my questions:

Since the diameter of the tire is nearly identical, I guess that means its not a problem to go up to 17 inch tires. Is that right?

Has anybody had tires and wheels shipped? The tires are 28 lbs each. I am guess that the wheels weigh about 10 pounds each. So, that's about 150-160 lbs to ship. They are in Michigan and I am in Kansas. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or suggestions for economical shipping.

Donald H. Snook