Also, most of the ramps I use are made from corrugated looking concrete, which doesn't slime up much. If his blazer slid with the brakes on- perhaps even 4wd wouldn't have saved him?

Sincerely,
Tyler

On Oct 14, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:

I think you're right except for one factor you left out:
The sliminess of the ramp.
Which I suppose is less of an issue on the west coast but I saw a guy damn near lose a fullsize Blazer on a not particularly steep lake ramp because he didn't bother to put it into 4wd (because it wasn't steep) but as the weight of boat hit the trailer as he pulled it out of the water he started to spin and slide backwards. As soon as he started to slide he hit the brakes but he continued to slide until the boat started to float...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:22:57 -0700
From: tyler <casi...@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anyone tow with a W124 wagon?
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
<snip>

For pulling up a ramp, I think one could calculate reasonably well the
steepest ramp you could pull a given boat up given (1) the torque of the engine at the stall speed of the torque converter, (2) the ratio of 1st gear times the rear differential, (3) the tire outside diameter, and (4)
the combined weight of the entire rig. It's #1 that I expect to be
hardest to find...