From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of MG
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 11:25 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] painting

I had a VW Bug painted BC/CC in 75. A great job, metallic medium
gray looked about a mile deep. That car never saw the first coat
of wax and when we finally traded it in on the Cherokee in 87 it
still looked like it was just painted. The water still beaded up
and it still looked a mile deep. I really hated to see that car
go. Had a 1600 engine with a torquer cam, dual ports and dual
single barrel carbs on shorty manifolds. Got up to 34 MPG on
trips and had a lot more then normal power for that size engine.
Of course when we got rid of it if you hit a puddle you would get
very wet from your feet to above your waist if you were going
fast. Kind of put a damper on driving it in the rain.

Manfred

From: "Douglas" <jgi...@comcast.net>

The clear peels because there is no pigment there and uv rays
kill it..
Though mostly because of poor maintenance. IE waxing..

Douglas