I think it is more flushing the gene pool. We may be working our way to a tipping point with dilution of the genes available for survival. The stupid and short sighted are allowed to breed and build, tsunami, earthquake, hurricane, fire, flood, pestilence and plague then are visited on this weakened stock. Flush the garbage out, but we really should try to put the waste to good use as fuel, instead of letting it rot and fester upon the earth, or despoil the seas.