ned kleinhenz wrote:
Right now, the top of the FI pump below where the injector lines are
attached, are leaking.  And Rusty has a good price on FI pumps. So I am
considering replacing it.  I already have a few of the special timing tools
for adjusting this pump, and I am not afraid of removing and replacing it.

What everyone else saying about replacing the delivery valve seals is correct. Someone mentioned that it can't be the cause of performance issues.... I'm not 100% sure of that, but it will definitely cause poor running, nailing, smoking, etc.

Here is an excellent tutorial on how to replace the seals:
http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/OM606DeliveryValveSeals

Rusty can sell you the splined tool (~$30) and all the parts. It seems scary to dive into the injection pump, but keep things clean and all will go well. I've done this twice with no problems. On my OM602 the "klatter" was significantly louder, but after some hard running over a few miles it settled out back to normal.

HTH!

John