LarryT wrote:

The Koreans dislike the Japanese intensely - part of it goes back to WW2 and the way Japan conquered the Koreans. They also feel the Japanese feel "the world is their breadbasket" meaning they believe the world is there to be used to keep Japan in a dominant position.

That's pretty much how the Chinese feel about Japan. I knew a girl in college who told me her grandparents, who were in China in the 1940s, would refuse to sit in a Japanese car, their hatred was so strong.

Mitch.