+1 on the Canidae!  That's the stuff we feed our Nova Scotia Duck Tolling
Retriever, aka Toller.  His name is Rogue, named for the river in Oregon.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Tyler
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 2:00 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Dog Food was Re: Chinese Volvos

Good advice!

I was amazed when I adoted my German Pischer from the humane society
back in may, and decided to buy him good quality dog food. When I went
to the store I realized ALL of the brands were just corn meal- even
the very expensive ones. Some say "1st ingredient is meat", but they
accomplish that by listing different corn products as seperate
ingredients, so it's still really just corn meal. I found that
Candidae grain free was the only thing I could get locally ($50/bag)
that seemed even remotely suited for a dog, so I'm feeding him that.

Dogs certainly didn't evolve to eat a diet of mostly corn meal, it
can't possibly be healthy. The only corn my dog gets is when I let him
chew on a corn cob like a bone...

Sincerely,
Tyler
1987 190D Turbo Biodiesel