exactly on the switching foods.  i switch often with no problem

you eat mcdonald's and you get sick.  you eat something of quality and you
don't.  not difficult to grasp.  same with the animals.  they have to adapt
themselves to tolerate the old roy/ science diet grade of food without
getting sick, so changing from one to another will have bad results.

i'm not quite a fan of nutro either, but it sure beats the hell out of
science diet