Those numbers are totally made up. Try these ones of what I'd imagine
you'd get trading in a $100 car like my '87 740 Turbo for a new Huyndai
Accent:

So let's do the final tally here:

You traded in a car worth:   $100
You got a discount of:          $4500
                                              ---------
Net so far                           +$4400
But you have to pay:            $0 in taxes on the $4500
                                               --------
Net so far:                          +$4400
And you paid:                     $0 more than the car was selling for
the month before (MSRP didn't change)
Net                                      +$4400
Gross (new Accent is 9,970) -5570

Basically you are 6 grand poorer, and have a much worse car. Without the
stimulus you'd be 10 grand poorer and have the same car. Buying a new car
makes zero economic sense- taking a huge discount on one if you're going
to buy one anyways does make a lot of sense.

Tyler