> ...Kaleb wrote: "they are talking about the CDI, not the Bluetec."
>
> Yea, I figured that out.  I thought the CDI had the Urea thing also. I
> forgot that was a newer emission component to make it 50 state compliant
> under
> the new standard...

No W211 diesels have used Urea at this point. The W212 Diesel will show up
in the Spring and will include the Urea injection feature so as to be sold
in California. And it may very well be an E250 2143cc 4-cylinder which is
MB's new engine. It's turbocharged   & intercooled and rated at 210hp. It will
likely be available in the C Class as well. Same hp as the V-6 Bluetec sold
here in 2007. There were no 2008/2009 diesel W211s. Just the M & G Classes.

Urea and particulate filters have been used in Europe for a while now in
big trucks so adapting them to passenger car engines is not plowing new
ground.

RLE