Thanks Phillip!
I'll see what FLAPS has tomorrow.

-Curt

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:24:27 -0600
From: Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Coolant loss
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

> Curt Raymond wrote:

> Its the first thing to try anyway.

Rusty sells it for about $15.

My records show it's part number 900-271-042012
and is applicable for OM616 and OM617 engines with new style,
vertical thermostat, with bypass and "snowman" seal.

> Anybody know the size? I'd rather buy a piece of hose first
> than yank it and take the shredded nasty remnants to size up...

I once used a piece cut out of a spare Chevy pickup upper
radiator hose. Didn't fit "right" - but it worked for months.

Measurements from my parts bin.

New hose:
ID - 40 mm (1.57 inch)
OD - 53 mm (2.08 inch)

hose length, new:  70 mm (2.75 inch)
hose length, removed from service: 45 mm (1.77 inch)

--  Philip