I got roughly 20HP (on top of 150hp base) - torque was not tested that I know of. My engine wasn't tested but another similar engine was tested and got 20 hp.

As far as it being inefficient, on my 911 the fuel is squirted directly into the intake valve. My system uses components from the CIS system such as the Throttle Body and intake runners both of which move air but no fuel. It all depends on the design of the system. There's a huge amount of flexibility to the Megasquirt system but design of the system components is critical.

I'm not familiar with any MB megasquirt systems but the following will help anyone find out what others have experienced. Below are links to some very comprehensive information:

Forum of users of all MegaSquirt systems - http://www.msefi.com/index.php

Additional Forums - http://www.megamanual.com/forums.htm

Mercedes Users - http://www.msruns.com/viewforum.php?f=106&sid=c5a2f18e601ebdae99922acc5acde1ff

Tuning/Adjusting Instructions - http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm

Not that it matters here, but PMO developed a set of absolutely gorgeous Individual Throttle Bodies to use with EFI. http://www.pmocarb.com/products.htm#EFI/MFI

If anyone wants additional info I can probably locate it.

Good luck -

LarryT
91 300D
74 911    w/MeqaSquirt EFI

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net