> ....I  have a Boeing trivia question.  Wondered if you might have the
> answer.  Apparently the DC9 has been re-designated as the Boeing 717 (the
> missing number)...

The Douglas DC-9 morphed into the MD-80 (McDonnell-Douglas) and successors
(MD-83) and when the Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas "merger" occurred, the
remaining production M-D series were renamed Boeing 717 etc. I think American
had
more MD-80 and & MD-83s than anyone but all their MD-series were to be
retired last year and replaced with 737s because of fuel economy and noise.

The 737-800 that was demolished in Jamaica yesterday was an American
flight.

I can't answer your other questions but I have freinds who can, if needed.

RLE