Maybe you could try getting a little heater to run for the 30 minutes
before you leave the house?  Timers are good for that.  A 500W heater with
a small fan, disconnected when you drove away from the house, would
probably keep the car satisfactorily warm until the engine warms up.

Just a thought, I've not gotten to implementing this myself...

-Tim

<meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>