NO!

Variable speed blowers will be completely unsatisfactory if they are installed in a ducting system that is not pressure-balanced.

When the blower runs at 10%, if the system is not pressure-balanced (which is done in the design phase), you can have registers near the furnace putting out 15% and those at the farthest reaches putting out 5% instead of the expected 10%.

This means that you will have more heat than is required near the furnace and less heat than required further away.

You also need the controls to manage the blower sp

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net