rumor has it that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have heard and had personal experience when changing over to MOBIL1 in
> an engine that was origionally run on dino that after a while it leaks.
>   There is something missing in the oil to swell the gaskets, or
> something like that.  Not that I don't swear by MOBIL 1,  My engines
> seem to last forever on the stuff and I love it.  I wish I could get it
> to stop leaking though.  Anybody else hear of this?
>
> George Mason
>
> Marshall Booth wrote:
> > Peter Frederick wrote:
> >
> >>    Use Delvac 1 or Truck and SUV Mobil 1 -- the same thing, but Delvac
> >>comes in gallon containers.
> >

> > Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is sold in 5 qt containers at SOME Wal-Marts for
> > much less than Delvac in in one gallon jugs.

I have switched about 4 W123s to running Mobil 1. On each of them, the
oil leaks have _decreased_. Each of them had at least 130,000 miles
and no records of previous maintenance.

And Marshall has mentioned numerous times that Mobil 1 has additives
that will improve the function of engine seals. If your leak is from a
gasket, that may not help much.

So from where is _your_ engine leaking? Oil filter housing? Turbo
drain? If we know where the oils coming out, we might be able to give
you some ideas on how to stop the leaking.

             Philip, admitted Mobil 1 fan