My $2.99 HF VOM fluctuates between 64 and 65 ma.
Is that enough drain to cause a problem?

Sounds a bit on the high side.

-- Jim

Thanks Jim, what would run on 60 mA?  Maybe a small bulb?

Let me correct one thing. The fluctuation was from 60 to 65 on the meter, one increment. When I pulled fuse # 2 it settled to 60 mA, so I assume it was the clock.

When I opened the driver's door the reading went to 150 and back to 60 when closed, after the delay for the dome light.

When I opened the trunk, the fuse in my meter blew when the needled maxed out.

Does this sound like a wire short?

Thanks
Harry