From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 8:23:07 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [MBZ] Back home

Came home yesterday, slept for 12 hours, it felt so good to be in my own bed.

Stopped at the pharmacy on the way home, I'm on a surprisingly small number of
drugs all things considered, I already was on a blood pressure med (HCTZ for
those playing at home, only 25mg) to which we add a cholesterol med (Ziocor)
and a blood thinner (I forget the name, like Plavix but newer) and nitro just
in case I have pains again.

The blood thinner is apparently quite an expensive drug but for reasons I don't
really understand the first year is free. After the first year I'm going to be
in a study testing how long folks should be on blood thinners after stents are
put in and again the drug (or placebo) will be free.

The pharmacy tech is a nursing student and was AMAZED when I told her I'd had
heart surgery yesterday. "You must have been in the hospital a week!" It blew
her mind (still impresses me too) that I went in on Wednesday and walked out on
Thursday... To my wife's irritation I walked from the hospital to the parking
lot across the street.

My boss asked me yesterday if I feel better, the answer is no but then again I
didn't feel bad before. Maybe after I catch up on my sleep I'll know more.

-Curt