Hi, All.
I think my 87 190Dt has a problem and you lot are (collectively) much smarter than I am. Symptoms:- Small thin ring of oil (?) in the reservoir, coupled with a very slow loss of coolant. There are no external coolant leaks visible. I changed the M1 from 15w to 5w (winter's coming) and replaced the front exhaust pipe and a few days later the car would start on 4 cyl. and then run on 5 after about 20 seconds attended by a small cloud of BLUE smoke. The car when warm runs very well, a couple of weeks ago it went in excess of 161Kph (until I chickened out) and still will, I'm sure. Q. Head gasket? (Please don't say cracked head, besides mine, that is.) ??
TIA
Fred Moir
Dieselitis Horribilis
190D 2.2 '84