From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Rich Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:56 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] One bad glow plug spoils the whole bunch?

OK I replaced the offending glow plug (thank you to the suggester of the
Gearwrench -- made the job much easier), car still did not want to
start.  So I CHANGED THE FUSE (do you know the fuse is permanently
charged with 12V, and if they had moved the relay about a half inch over
a screwdriver would go on that inner screw really really easy, and if
you use a little ratchet driver with a philips bit you wouldn't make big
sparks and try to weld it to the car?  You knew that right?  Maybe on
next year's 126 you can make that minor change....) and it started up
nicely.  The old fuse looked fine, tested fine, but there you go.  Maybe
a few sparks cleared out the tubes or something.

That plug was a bugger to get out, more or less, the gearwrench helped a
lot though I dropped it twice -- I have a nice cut on my left hand from
that injector connector bracket that was placed Just So, to catch the
back of your hand when you change the back glow plug.  I guess those
German engineers are getting back at us.

--R