I would vote for an 83 240D with manual transmisssion, manual windows and
manual sunroof.  Fewer things to break.  Will go forever if well cared for.

--- On Mon, 2/15/10, Bob Rentfro <azbob...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Bob Rentfro <azbob...@gmail.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Best W123?
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Monday, February 15, 2010, 10:33 AM

The more collisions (no such thing as an "accident"...someone is always at
fault said my old driver's ed teacher years ago) I see around here the more
I really want to keep driving a W123.
So....since 1985 was the last year of the W123, I can asume an '85 300D
turbo, low miles, well maintained is the way to go, correct?

Bob R