On 2/17/2010 9:25 AM, Walt Zarnoch wrote:
Still not sure if I can save it, but beats the $100+ for a new one that's
got a plastic housing...

Rusty has one on his website for $88 for your model. For my 1987 300TD it is $55. The only difference is the 78's electrical connector is on a pigtail and the 87 is on the actual pump.

I don't know how much time and money it will take to make an impeller... but I'd either find a used one or just get one of the new ones. Then again, I've got other car projects I want to spend my time on. FWIW, I just bought three of those pumps for $10 each. So used ones are definitely out there.

John