Thank you for your insights. I appreciate it. I think that "in conjunction with
every other manual" and figuring out how things work is probably a good bet.
--PT

Message: 13
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 23:04:42 -0600
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB repair, maintenance manual

For the 110/111 I had a chilton and a Haines.  each had holes, but
with both, I could figure out everything I needed to.

I bought a 123 paper manual set on here from somebody that was
getting rid of them.  Only used them once, to set the timing on a
616.    They had the injection timing spec.  By the time I got them,
I have done nearly everything i needed a reference for.  One nice
things about the 123 is that you really don't need a manual if you
have worked on other cars.  I don't want to part with them though,
because they have a lot of specs for things.