-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        OT Water softener
Date:   Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:35:50 -0500
From:   Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>

I am taking out an old well setup, it seems to have a water softener or
something -- one fiberglass tank like a big scuba tank with some kind of
little glass? beads inside, all kinda rusty looking, and there was a big
plastic thing, like a 3 ft tall trash can, about half full of what looks
like white rocks but they are sorta soft. It was full of water, looked
quite clean having been sitting there for who knows how long.  The trash
can thing had a water line to it but it couldn't be pressurized as it is
just a big open thing.  The scuba tank thing had some kind of timer
controller on it and solenoid-operated water valves.  Anyway, I am
getting rid of it and just scavenging some stuff (like the scuba tank
and controller and big trash can, which will become a....big trash
can!).  What are those little white rock things and can I dump them out
somewhere or will they kill everything within miles?  What is that stuff
in the scuba tank thing?  Any good for anything?

--R