> Who could forget "South of the Border".
>
> Hendrik, if you've got the extra time "South of the Border" on the line
between South Carolina and North Carolina is a bit of Americana not to be
missed!

Now that fireworks are somewhat legal in NC SOTB is not what it was.  Last
time we drove down 95 (Christmas?) there were only two or three wimpy
signs, and it looked like most of the shops etc. were closed.  We did not
stop either, since even when it was buzzing it seemed to me to be an
unpleasant little place and I wasn't interested in giving them extra
operational capital.

But to each his own. Certainly an oddball institution when it was running.

If Hendrick really wants some SC tobacco he'd be better served, I think,
to have someone load up a few Priority flat rate boxes with his shopping
list and budget and have them mailed to the hotel.  The whole idea of
taking an extended trip east of Chicago doesn't strike me as reasonable, if
it were me I'd either stay in NYC the extra days or maybe visit Boston or
Philadelphia if US history is interesting.  The south has its own
curiosities, but they take some time to appreciate. :)

Best,
-Tim