*cough*

Actually, the Finns have been TRIPLING the output from 60x engines.
Like, 450hp from a 603 and 500hp or more from a 606. The really scary
part? I think those numbers are at the rear wheels... meaning if you
compare apples to apples, they may be approaching FOUR TIMES stock
output. Merely doubling output is child's play for them. I'll be happy
when I can just max out my stock pump (20-25% power gain)... beyond
that requires pump mods that, AFAIK, only the Finns have perfected.

Back to the 240D topic though. Turbocharging the 240D was a good
option back when the car was NEW. That's because the price
differential between it and a 300D was significant, and slapping a
turbo on was a relatively cost effective way of boosting power by
maybe 20%. Fast forward 20+ years, and it's a very different
situation. If you want/need more power, just buy a 300D turbo -
they're plentiful and cheap. The stock 240D engine, without oil cooled
pistons etc, is just not worth messing with - IMO.

:-)

--
Dave M.
Boise, ID