Tim,

What is the hack for hackintosh? I finally have mine up and running on all cylinders but the nutflix thing just will not play well.

clay

On Mar 10, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Tim C. wrote:

See, on my wife's hackintosh (10.5) inside of 15 minutes I installed
Silverlight (had to convince it to go by deleting the processor-check
routine) and had Netflix up in one Google. Maybe it's just that the
hackintosh folks are more DIY and tend to publish their results.

Meanwhile, the real Macs in the basement languish, though I did get the G4
running 10.4 so my daughter could play Wendy's I-Spy game.

I've been really happy with the PS3s as media endpoints and PlayOn as a
streaming server, by the way; any desire for an AppleTV is long gone.

Best,
-Tim
who keeps his MAC address sequestered

------- Original Message -------
From: LWB250 <lwb...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 10-03-10, 12:53:31
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT For you mac daddies

It's a Netflix issue.  I've been watching the Netflix/mac situation
closely, as I have considered buying an AppleTV. Until content other than
iTunes is available for purchase/download, I'm not interested.

Netflix seems to have ported some nice apps for the game consoles, but
their PC apps have been less than stellar from what I've heard.

Dan

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net >