No clue for your application, but I finally figured out what the lamp out indicator was doing in the E300D. Since there is afterglow happening and there are no bulbs that have died, there is a short in the wiring that makes the bulb out indicator light up until the post glow is done.

I am not looking forward to replacing the biodegradable wiring harness

clay